A gas drilling well emergency has occurred in Bradford County. The Scranton Times has reported that the Atgas 2H well operated by Chesapeake Energy in Leroy Twp. blew out at around 11:45 p.m. on Tuesday, April 19, 2011. Several families have been evacuated from the area as a precautionary measure. Emergency crews from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), Bradford County EMA and Chesapeake Energy are on the scene. It has been reported that the gas well in question apparently blew near the surface, spilling thousands of gallons of frack fluid over containment walls. DEP is sampling ground water and stream water to ascertain the degree and extent of the damage.
Bradford County Gas Drilling Emergency
Date: April 20, 2011
Posted In: DLP Law
- Top 5 Reasons “Why you should Choose DLP to represent you!”
- Attorney John Finnerty Celebrates 20 years with DLP this November.
- Understanding Worker’s Compensation and Regulatory Responsibility
- Senate Committee Seeks to Weaken Some Important Trucking Regulations Meant to Combat Driver Fatigue
- Como las leyes del seguro de auto sin culpa podrían afectar su caso
- How No Fault Auto Insurance Laws Can Affect Your Case
- Qué no hacer después de un accidente.
- What Not to Do After an Accident
- Recreational Vehicle Design and Manufacturing Defects Lead to Death and Injuries—Call DLP
- Gas Can Manufacturers Seek Immunity for Dangerous Product!
Thomas P. Cummings has been a Partner with Dougherty Leventhal & Price, LLP since 1996 and has been with the firm since 1991. He focuses his practice on workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and personal injury cases.