In Sexton v. WCAB (Forest Park Health Center), the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court has held that a utilization review organization (URO) had no choice but to deem injections received by a claimant for pain relief due to her work-related back injury unreasonable and unnecessary as the claimant’s medical records were not properly submitted to URO due to lack of required verification form signed by the claimant’s medical provider who’s treatment was being reviewed. The Court held that the submission of a signed verification form from provider was mandatory and the failure to provide the signed verification form to the URO was same thing as providing no medical records. Thus, without such a form, the URO could not say with certainty that the records were accurate.
Commonwealth Court Issues Decision on Utilization Review of Medical Treatment
Date: August 4, 2009
Tagged: claimant | form | medical provider | pennsylvania commonwealth court | pennsylvania injury lawyer | pennsylvania personal injury attorney | Pennsylvania Personal Injury Lawyer | personal injury lawyer pennsylvania | Sexton v. WCAB (Forest Park Health Center) | URO | Utilization Review of Medical Treatment | utilization review organization (URO) | WCAB | work-related back injury
- Top 5 Reasons “Why you should Choose DLP to represent you!”
- Attorney John Finnerty Celebrates 20 years with DLP this November.
- Understanding Worker’s Compensation and Regulatory Responsibility
- Senate Committee Seeks to Weaken Some Important Trucking Regulations Meant to Combat Driver Fatigue
- Como las leyes del seguro de auto sin culpa podrían afectar su caso
- How No Fault Auto Insurance Laws Can Affect Your Case
- Qué no hacer después de un accidente.
- What Not to Do After an Accident
- Recreational Vehicle Design and Manufacturing Defects Lead to Death and Injuries—Call DLP
- Gas Can Manufacturers Seek Immunity for Dangerous Product!
Attorney Joe Price is a seasoned Trial Lawyer serving Northeast, Central and Southeast Pennsylvania for the past forty (40) years. He has handled serious personal injury cases in courts throughout the Federal system including New Jersey and New York. Attorney Price is A.V. Rated by Martindale Hubble. He is Board Certified in Civil Practice by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1996.