Under the proposed gas drilling well impact fee proposed by Governor Tom Corbett counties in the Marcellus Shale region without gas wells will not be able to adopt an impact fee. The Governor’s proposal only permits impact fees on actual wells operated by gas companies. Counties where the gas wells are located can “tax” each well per year. However, counties such as Luzerne, where no wells have been drilled to date will be excluded from adopting any impact fee or sharing in State revenues. This is so even though many municipalities in Luzerne County abut numerous well sites in other counties and are maintaining roads and infrastructure affected by Marcellus Shale gas drilling activities. The State Legislature will be debating the Governor’s proposal shortly. The thirteen (13) lawyers at DOUGHERTY LEVENTHAL PRICE LLP–DLP—PENNSYLVANIA TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS AND MARCELLUS SHALE GAS DRILLING RIG ACCIDENT LAWYERS, continue to follow this and other Marcellus Shale gas drilling issues.
DLP: PENNSYLVANIA TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS AND MARCELLUS SHALE GAS DRILLING RIG ACCIDENT LAWYERS: Impact Fee–No Wells, No Fee
Date: October 4, 2011
Posted In: DLP Law
- Top 5 Reasons “Why you should Choose DLP to represent you!”
- Attorney John Finnerty Celebrates 20 years with DLP this November.
- Understanding Worker’s Compensation and Regulatory Responsibility
- Senate Committee Seeks to Weaken Some Important Trucking Regulations Meant to Combat Driver Fatigue
- Como las leyes del seguro de auto sin culpa podrían afectar su caso
- How No Fault Auto Insurance Laws Can Affect Your Case
- Qué no hacer después de un accidente.
- What Not to Do After an Accident
- Recreational Vehicle Design and Manufacturing Defects Lead to Death and Injuries—Call DLP
- Gas Can Manufacturers Seek Immunity for Dangerous Product!
Attorney Joe Price is a seasoned Trial Lawyer serving Northeast, Central and Southeast Pennsylvania for the past forty (40) years. He has handled serious personal injury cases in courts throughout the Federal system including New Jersey and New York. Attorney Price is A.V. Rated by Martindale Hubble. He is Board Certified in Civil Practice by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1996.