About John P. Finnerty
Attorney Finnerty has been representing clients in Northeastern Pennsylvania with Dougherty Leventhal & Price, LLP for over twenty-five (25) years. His practice focuses on workers’ compensation, auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability, estate planning, and estate administration. John also serves as the Solicitor for the Career Technology Center of Lackawanna County and the Buck Township Zoning Hearing Board, and as a Labor Counsel for Pittston Township. Attorney Finnerty has earned an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubble. Throughout his career, John has lectured to his fellow attorneys on numerous occasions at seminars hosted by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association.
1996 Pennsylvania Supreme Court
1996 U.S. District Court for the Middle District Pennsylvania
1998 U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Pro Bono/Community Service
Active in the community, John serves as President of the Minooka Neighborhood Association, Treasurer of the Minooka Babe Ruth League, and he is Past Chairman of St. Joseph’s Church’s Annual Picnic. He is a lector at Divine Mercy Parish and he is very active in coaching youth sports. Additionally, John and his fellow DLP attorneys in the firm’s Moosic Office have received the Equal Access to Justice Award from Lackawanna Pro Bono, Inc. for the volunteer legal services they have provided to those in need each year for the past ten (10) years.
Attorney Finnerty is a graduate of the University of Scranton where he obtained a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Accounting and a Master’s (M.B.A.) Degree in Business Administration. In 1996, John graduated Cum Laude from Widener University School of Law where he distinguished himself as a member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society.
Special Licenses/ Certifications
Certified Arbitrator – Better Business Bureau
Attorney Finnerty resides in Scranton, PA. He and his wife are the proud parents of four children. You may contact John at the Moosic Office of Dougherty Leventhal & Price, LLP at 570-347-1011, or you may e-mail him at JFinnerty@dlplaw.com.
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Lackawanna Bar Association
Northeastern Pennsylvania Association For Justice
Minooka Neighborhood Association
Recent Articles by John P. Finnerty:
- ¿Si me lesiono en un accidente automovilístico de camino al trabajo soy elegible para los beneficios de compensación para trabajadores?
- ¿Ha sido atropellado por un vehículo al cruzar la calle?
- Planning Your Estate – Do I Need to Prepare a Will?
- Can Your Employer Require You To Receive A COVID-19 Vaccine When It’s Released?
- Pennsylvania Workers’ Comp: When Are Commuting Employees Covered?
- Pennsylvania Bicycle Accidents Lawyers — 10 PA Bike Laws Cyclists Should Know
- Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Victims – Get The Compensation You Deserve!
- Businesses Closed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic May Be Able To Recover Losses From Their Insurance Carrier
- Can Pennsylvania Employers Institute Coronavirus (Covid-19) Temperature Checks at Workplaces?
- Gov. Wolf Unveils 3-Phase Plan to Slowly Re-open Pennsylvania Amid COVID-19 Pandemic