The revelations contained in a Grand Jury presentment reflect allegations of sexual abuse by a former coach and the alleged failure of administrators at the Pennsylvania State University to address, and even prevent, the crimes. While the criminal defendants will likely face punishment and fines in the criminal justice system, the question remains as to the University’s exposure to the assessment of monetary damages in the civil courts. Civil liability is often determined by where the crime occurred, who committed the crime, and in what capacity the perpetrator was acting when the crime was committed.
Money Damages In Sex Abuse Cases
Date: November 10, 2011
Posted In: DLP Law
- Top 5 Reasons “Why you should Choose DLP to represent you!”
- Attorney John Finnerty Celebrates 20 years with DLP this November.
- Understanding Worker’s Compensation and Regulatory Responsibility
- Senate Committee Seeks to Weaken Some Important Trucking Regulations Meant to Combat Driver Fatigue
- Como las leyes del seguro de auto sin culpa podrían afectar su caso
- How No Fault Auto Insurance Laws Can Affect Your Case
- Qué no hacer después de un accidente.
- What Not to Do After an Accident
- Recreational Vehicle Design and Manufacturing Defects Lead to Death and Injuries—Call DLP
- Gas Can Manufacturers Seek Immunity for Dangerous Product!
Brian has been practicing law in Northeastern Pennsylvania for the past 25 years. In 2000 he became partner in Dougherty Leventhal & Price, L.L.P. He is Board Certified in Trial Advocacy, named a Super Lawyer and sits on the Board of Governors in Philadelphia.