Pa. Workers Comp- Work Injury Lawyer

Date: June 19, 2014

Question: I drive a tractor trailer for a national company. I live in the Scranton area. But the hub where I pick up my truck is in New Jersey. My route takes me throughout Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey. I hurt my back unloading a truck in Pennsylvania. In what state can I file my claim. Anonymous, Dickson City, Pa.

Answer: As the injury occurred in Pennsylvania, you can file your workers compensation claim in Pennsylvania, regardless of where the employer is based and regardless of where the contract of hire was made. This question is specifically addressed in the Pa. Workers Compensation Act.

If you’ve suffered a work injury and have questions about your claim, contact me at or call (570) 347-1011 for a free consultation.

Tom Cummings
Thomas P. Cummings has been a Partner with Dougherty Leventhal & Price, LLP since 1996 and has been with the firm since 1991. He focuses his practice on workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and personal injury cases.