Scranton Taylor Pa. Work Injury Lawyers- Workers Compensation DLP

Date: August 10, 2012

Question: I was hurt at work and I went to see my family doctor. When I told the receptionist that this was a work injury, she said that I had to see the “company doctor”. I don’t know if there is company doctor. What does she mean? H.M., Taylor, Pa.

Answer: I believe that she is referring to a panel physician. In Pennsylvania, employers may post a list of desinated mdical providers with whom injured workers are required to seek treatment for a period of 90 days after the work injury. Check with your employer to see if there is a panel list that has been posted.

If you’ve suffered a work injury and have questions about your claim, contact me at or call (570) 347-1011 for a free consultation.



Disclaimer: The above article is for instructive purposes only and each case is fact sensitive.  Consultation with an attorney should be obtained instead of reliance upon the legal issues discussed in this column. 



Tom Cummings
Thomas P. Cummings has been a Partner with Dougherty Leventhal & Price, LLP since 1996 and has been with the firm since 1991. He focuses his practice on workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and personal injury cases.