With the recent allegations amid sexual abuse charges filed against former Penn State University football coach Jerry Sandusky, the once docile hamlet of State College, Pennsylvania is now cloaked in scandal. In addition to the heinous acts attributed to Sandusky in the grand jury presentment, other former members of the Penn State heirarchy have been charged with perjury relative to testimony offered before the a grand jury investigating the case. These allegations have provided fodder for talk radio and water cooler chatter. Who knew about these allegations? What was done to protect the victims? When all is said and done, the criminal justice system will be left to decide the fates of those charged. Beyond that, lawsuits seeking civil remedies will likely be sought by the victims of these crimes.
Sexual Abuse Allegations Cloud Penn State
Date: November 8, 2011
Posted In: DLP Law
- Top 5 Reasons “Why you should Choose DLP to represent you!”
- Attorney John Finnerty Celebrates 20 years with DLP this November.
- Understanding Worker’s Compensation and Regulatory Responsibility
- Senate Committee Seeks to Weaken Some Important Trucking Regulations Meant to Combat Driver Fatigue
- Como las leyes del seguro de auto sin culpa podrían afectar su caso
- How No Fault Auto Insurance Laws Can Affect Your Case
- Qué no hacer después de un accidente.
- What Not to Do After an Accident
- Recreational Vehicle Design and Manufacturing Defects Lead to Death and Injuries—Call DLP
- Gas Can Manufacturers Seek Immunity for Dangerous Product!
Thomas P. Cummings has been a Partner with Dougherty Leventhal & Price, LLP since 1996 and has been with the firm since 1991. He focuses his practice on workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and personal injury cases.