Date: March 30, 2012
Posted In: Auto Accidents | DLP Law

How long do I have to do anything after an accident?  Do I need to call a lawyer?  Do I have to file suit?  These are some of the questions that seriously injured victims have after a motor vehicle or truck accident.  In Pennsylvania, pursuant to 42 Pa.C.S.A. 5524, you have two years from the date of your motor vehicle accident to initiate a formal claim against any potential defendants.  What does this really mean?  It means that you should call a lawyer if you feel that you have a claim.  The sooner the better.  Your lawyer will want time to investigate your potential claim and attempt to work out a settlement in the two years leading up to your statute of limitations.  If an accord cannot be reached, then your lawyer can file a Writ or Complaint to toll your statute of limitations.  If you have been injured in a car accident, by a tractor trailer or a defective product, call the 13 trial lawyers at DLP.  We will fight to get you the money and justice that you deserve. Remember: Injury? Call DLP! Brian G. Price, Esquire

Brian Price
Brian has been practicing law in Northeastern Pennsylvania for the past 25 years. In 2000 he became partner in Dougherty Leventhal & Price, L.L.P. He is Board Certified in Trial Advocacy, named a Super Lawyer and sits on the Board of Governors in Philadelphia.