Spring has sprung early this year and everyone’s dogs are ready to get out of the house and run. Please know that Pennsylvania has enacted specific laws to protect the public from roaming dogs. Back in the 1970s, I remember having to cross a street in order to avoid a dog in someone’s front yard. This is not the case anymore. Pursuant to 3 P.S. 459-305, a dog owner must keep his or her dog at all times: (1) confined within the premises of the owner, (2) firmly secured by means of a collar and chain or other device so that it cannot stray beyond the premises on which it is secured; or (3) under the reasonable control of some person. This section was enacted to protect against personal injury, property damages and other hazards created by roving dogs. Miller v. Hurst, 302 Pa. Super. 235, 448 A.2d614 (1982). Therefore, keep your dogs secure this year so that everyone is safer. However, if you or your family do encounter a roaving dog that bites you and causes serious or catastrophic injuries, please call the 13 personal injury lawyers at DLP who have been winning dog bite case in Northeastern Pennsylvania for the last 30 years. Remember: INJURY? CALL DLP! Brian G. Price, Esquire
YOUR SCRANTON/WILKES-BARRE DOG BITE INJURY LAWYERS – PENNSYLVANIA’S LEASH LAW
- Top 5 Reasons “Why you should Choose DLP to represent you!”
- Attorney John Finnerty Celebrates 20 years with DLP this November.
- Understanding Worker’s Compensation and Regulatory Responsibility
- Senate Committee Seeks to Weaken Some Important Trucking Regulations Meant to Combat Driver Fatigue
- Como las leyes del seguro de auto sin culpa podrían afectar su caso
- How No Fault Auto Insurance Laws Can Affect Your Case
- Qué no hacer después de un accidente.
- What Not to Do After an Accident
- Recreational Vehicle Design and Manufacturing Defects Lead to Death and Injuries—Call DLP
- Gas Can Manufacturers Seek Immunity for Dangerous Product!
Brian has been practicing law in Northeastern Pennsylvania for the past 25 years. In 2000 he became partner in Dougherty Leventhal & Price, L.L.P. He is Board Certified in Trial Advocacy, named a Super Lawyer and sits on the Board of Governors in Philadelphia.